10 Reasons for Survival Swim
Pool Safety, Survival Swim, Texas Swim Academy Programs
- Confidence and Self Esteem – Praise and recognition of achievements in swimming and water confidence will boost a childs confidence and self esteem week on week.
- Physical Independence and Self-Awareness – A baby who is used to being stationary can move about independently in the water they learn balance and coordination. The motion and sensation of the water gives an awareness of self that otherwise would not be gained.
- Water Awareness and Basic Life Saving – Children who attend regular swimming lessons will gain a respect for water and awareness water safety. Most swimming classes now will aim to introduce basic water safety skills such as turning to hold on at a wall or back floating. Children who regularly swim are less likely to panic in the water giving them a better chance in the event of an accident.
- Healthy Life Style – Getting into a good active lifestyle early on will set the ground for your child’s future and will become the norm in future years.
- Language Development – Most baby swim classes will now use word association and repetition as part of their core learning methods, for example parents will be asked to say Kick, Kick, Kick when moving about the pool and Hold on, Turn, reach etc, the over use of these word help your baby to soon learn there meaning.
- Brain Development – By stimulating senses ut of the normal every day experiences, the word association, independence and physical awareness all encourage brain development.
- Social Skills – Interacting with other babies and children, learning to wait their turn and praise the efforts of others instills good social skills, team work and independence.
- Bonding – Swimming with your child is a very intimate experience, with no other distractions such as housework, telephones you can concentrate on just you and your child joining in fun activities, praising their efforts, building trust building a firm foundation to your relationship
- Health Benefits – Swimming has been proven to strengthen the heart and lungs and improve muscle development. Mothers with post natal depression find the bonding time and mild exercise very beneficial too.
- Improved Sleep – Children who undertake physical exercise will sleep better. Swimming is a good form of exercise and they also learn and experience alot in a session which helps to promote a good sleep.
SWIM SCHOOL IN KATY
Texas Swim Academy is the best swim school near me offering result-oriented swimming lessons in Katy that cater to all ages and abilities. Our well-trained and experienced swimming instructors provide a variety of programs for infants through adulthood. For the little ones, we offer swimming lessons for babies and swimming lessons for toddlers focused on survival swimming skills to build a strong water safety foundation and foster water confidence at a young age. Once your child knows how to swim, our swim lessons for children will help refine techniques and build endurance, as the consistent practice of their swimming skills is an imperative part of becoming a strong swimmer.
Our adaptive aquatics program is designed for children of all ages and abilities to ensure every child, including children on the autism spectrum, can benefit from these fundamental skills and enjoy the water in a safe and comfortable environment. Adults seeking to improve their swimming prowess or learn how to swim for the first time can enroll in adult swim lessons tailored to their specific goals.
Our swim lessons near me are a convenient and accessible way for you and your family to learn how to swim in a comfortable environment. Our dedicated instructors are passionate about teaching and ensuring your progress in the water. Take a few minutes to view Our Swimmer Stories to learn more about what other families are saying about their experience with Texas Swim Academy.
Contact us to learn more about our programs or stop by our state-of-the-art swimming facility in Katy to register today. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages for important news, updates, and swimming safety tips, and read our blog to keep up-to-date with important information on water safety and proper swimming lessons.