Join the Texas Swim Academy Avon Walk Team!
In the Community
Texas Swim Academy is forming a team to support a cause close to our hearts, and we’d like you to join our efforts! The members of the management team for Texas Swim Academy have all had personal experiences with breast cancer in our families and our friends. We are actively recruiting a team for the annual Avon Walk for Breast Cancer to support breast cancer research and work towards a cure.
Not only does Avon donate millions of dollars worldwide to support early detection, prevention and treatment of breast cancer, it also invests over two million every year in support of our local Katy and Houston communities. These funds help underinsured women in our community detect and treat breast cancer and give them a fighting chance.
How can you help beat breast cancer and support your community? Join our Avon Walk team! Each member will have a personal goal to fundraise at least $1,800. Don’t worry, Avon provides excellent resources to help you reach your goals:
Your Texas Swim Academy team members will help you too! After a fun campaign season, we all get to participate in the Avon Walk April 20-21, 2013. The walk spans 39.3 miles over two days through Houston. You’ll get to explore some of our city’s best attractions, all while participating in a great cause! The Texas Swim Academy team members will receive a special team t-shirt for the event. Avon also offers training help to get you geared up for the Walk. Plus, the members of our team can get together to help with motivation!
- Participant Handbook: Get complete details on how to be a fundraising powerhouse.
- Personal Fundraising Page: Having your own fundraising page on our website makes it easy for donors to give, and easy for you to track how much you’ve raised and whom to thank.
- Walker Coach: Every Walker has a personal fundraising coach who’s always available by phone or e-mail.
- Fundraising E-mails: Our pre-written templates make asking for donations easy. You can send as is, or personalize with your own message.
- Fundraising Poster: Mount this poster at the office, or in your local community center, gym, or place of worship. Let everyone know about your participation, and ASK for their support.
- Avon Facebook Fundraising Tool: Spread the word to friends online with our special Facebook application.
- Avon Walk E-mail Badge: Make every e-mail a chance to gather a donation.
- Fundraising Clinics: Get great guidance and creative ideas from experienced fundraisers.
- Breast Cancer Information: Learn important facts so you can speak confidently to your donors about the need for funds.
To join our team, call our front desk at (832) 437-6186 to obtain our team pin number so we make sure you join the right team! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We would be delighted for you to join us! If you’d like to help in other ways, please see our front desk regarding donations. We will also be selling our team t-shirts at the front so everyone can participate from the Academy. All proceeds will go to our team fundraising goal.
SWIM SCHOOL IN KATY
Texas Swim Academy is the best swim school near me offering result-oriented swimming lessons in Katy that cater to all ages and abilities. Our well-trained and experienced swimming instructors provide a variety of programs for infants through adulthood. For the little ones, we offer swimming lessons for babies and swimming lessons for toddlers focused on survival swimming skills to build a strong water safety foundation and foster water confidence at a young age. Once your child knows how to swim, our swim lessons for children will help refine techniques and build endurance, as the consistent practice of their swimming skills is an imperative part of becoming a strong swimmer.
Our adaptive aquatics program is designed for children of all ages and abilities to ensure every child, including children on the autism spectrum, can benefit from these fundamental skills and enjoy the water in a safe and comfortable environment. Adults seeking to improve their swimming prowess or learn how to swim for the first time can enroll in adult swim lessons tailored to their specific goals.
Our swim lessons near me are a convenient and accessible way for you and your family to learn how to swim in a comfortable environment. Our dedicated instructors are passionate about teaching and ensuring your progress in the water. Take a few minutes to view Our Swimmer Stories to learn more about what other families are saying about their experience with Texas Swim Academy.
Contact us to learn more about our programs or stop by our state-of-the-art swimming facility in Katy to register today. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages for important news, updates, and swimming safety tips, and read our blog to keep up-to-date with important information on water safety and proper swimming lessons.