- Posted by Texas Swim Academy
- 0 Comments
- baby swim lessons, Katy swim lessons, Texas Swim Academy
- Confidence and Self Esteem – Praise and recognition of achievements in swimming and water confidence will boost a childs confidence and self esteem week on week.
- Physical Independence and Self-Awareness – A baby who is used to being stationary can move about independently in the water they learn balance and coordination. The motion and sensation of the water gives an awareness of self that otherwise would not be gained.
- Water Awareness and Basic Life Saving – Children who attend regular swimming lessons will gain a respect for water and awareness water safety. Most swimming classes now will aim to introduce basic water safety skills such as turning to hold on at a wall or back floating. Children who regularly swim are less likely to panic in the water giving them a better chance in the event of an accident.
- Healthy Life Style – Getting into a good active lifestyle early on will set the ground for your child’s future and will become the norm in future years.
- Language Development – Most baby swim classes will now use word association and repetition as part of their core learning methods, for example parents will be asked to say Kick, Kick, Kick when moving about the pool and Hold on, Turn, reach etc, the over use of these word help your baby to soon learn there meaning.
- Brain Development – By stimulating senses ut of the normal every day experiences, the word association, independence and physical awareness all encourage brain development.
- Social Skills – Interacting with other babies and children, learning to wait their turn and praise the efforts of others instills good social skills, team work and independence.
- Bonding – Swimming with your child is a very intimate experience, with no other distractions such as housework, telephones you can concentrate on just you and your child joining in fun activities, praising their efforts, building trust building a firm foundation to your relationship
- Health Benefits – Swimming has been proven to strengthen the heart and lungs and improve muscle development. Mothers with post natal depression find the bonding time and mild exercise very beneficial too.
- Improved Sleep – Children who undertake physical exercise will sleep better. Swimming is a good form of exercise and they also learn and experience alot in a session which helps to promote a good sleep.
– – –
Texas Swim Academy is an infant, child and adult swim lesson facility. The academy strives to introduce children to water at an early age through survival swim, and to fully develop their swim stroke abilities through adulthood through stroke development. Children are taught life saving swim safety skills and have the option to prepare for competitive swim team. Texas Swim Academy also offers parent-child classes to grow the bond between parent and child and to provide a seamless, comfortable introduction to water for children. To learn more about Texas Swim Academy’s swim lessons, infanct aquatics and other programs, please call (832) 437-6186.